Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Cookbooks & Recipes the will Change the Way you Eat


I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day (Weekend).  I have been insanely sick with the usual GI distress, so much so that in 24 hours time I've gained 12 lbs.  I have decided that when I wake (today) and weigh myself this morning if I hit the 20 lb mark I will be venturing the the hospital again.  This is an unfortunate and regular occurrence in my world, I can gain up to 30 lbs in a day due to water retention because of back ups in the GI tract (keep in mind I have DIOS, narrowing intestines, strictures from previous surgeries, gastroparesis, acid reflux/GERD, Celiac damage and diverticulitis to name a few).  Anyway, I digress from the pain of my weekend and get on to all the fun I actually had.

I spent my entire day on Sunday prepping my raw food for the week, I got crazy I made Banana Bread, Fiesta Bread (which is basically a standard onion bread with jalapeno, garlic, tomato and cilantro), Everything Bagels, Cashew Cream Cheese, Blueberry Lavender 4 Layer Cheesecake and Vanilla Bean Cashew N'ice Cream.  I had also set out to make 2 types of donuts and a block of cashew almond herb "cheese" but my cheesecloth arrived too late and my 3lbs of  raw dates never arrived.  I will be reporting back on those two because I think I have perfected my recipes!



I can easily spend all day everyday in the kitchen creating beautiful and loving recipes for me and my loved ones.  I have made a friend who views food the same way as me and believes in clean eating and we just vibe off of each other.  It makes the time in the kitchen even more fun because we have entire food prep days that we dedicate weekly to just having fun, eating, documentary watching and trash talking (as we like to say).  The only thing we are missing is a cleanup crew for our mess, my husband often tells me that it looks like a hurricane hit the kitchen once I've entered.

After my long winded word vomit on my illness and kitchen love I want to feature two new cookbooks I have recently acquired.



The first is from my newest blog obsession, My New Roots, which coincidentally is also the title of the cookbook.  It is the most amazingly put together cookbook, a. because it is a fantastic mix of raw and vegan cooking (there are also recipes with ghee, raw & local honey and local farm pasture raised eggs which I believe are the cleanest non-vegan foods) and b. because all the recipes are in seasonal order.  I have already made 3 meals from this book and each is more delicious than the rest.  The pictures are also so amazing, just soo beautifully put together.  I cannot express the excitement that came from receiving this book, I plan to buy this for many people because it is just filled with soo much love.



The second is from my favorite female YouTube Raw Food Vlogger, Dara Dubinet.  Her videos are soo inspiring and she makes everything look easy and highly gourmet.  I also feel that she embraces and represents why being in the kitchen is soo much fun and why preparing meals with love taste soo much better.  I picked up her e-tonics book which is CrayMazing especially her sleep tonic, it is out of this world delish and seriously soothing to the GI tract.  I have also ordered her herbal Energy Tonic I am thrilled to try that and I will be reviewing it once it arrives (well, after Ive used for a few days).

If you are looking for a way to start eating cleaner, vegan or raw check out this two women, they have it on lock.  If you don't have the funds to invest in their books or products they have a ton of recipes and/or videos for you to get started incorporating these delicious and healthy meals into your diet.  I will soon start to post some of my raw food recipes as well as some raw food prep videos.

Enjoy the rest of your week, yay for a shorter work week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment